To Schedule an Abortion Appointment
For an abortion, we work by appointment only. This is because we need to schedule you appropriately according to your gestation and medical history. We are usually able to schedule your appointment within a week. The following is required information to schedule:
- How far you are in pregnancy. This can be due date, date of last normal menstrual period, or date/measurement determined by ultrasound.
- What insurance do you have, if any? New Mexico Medicaid and some private insurance covers medically necessary abortion. If you would like us to check if you have In-Network or Out-of-Network coverage, please call our office.
- Pregnancy history. Have you had any vaginal or c-section deliveries?
- Will you have a support person or a ride with you? The medications we use for relaxation and comfort cause drowsiness. Therefore we require that you have a person to drive you home.
- Do you have any chronic or current medical conditions?
- Are you currently taking any medications or vitamins?
- Have you had any allergic reactions to any medications or do you have any sensitivities to anything?
To Confirm an Abortion Appointment
You may change, cancel or confirm your appointment at any time, at no cost. We ask to speak to the patient so we can give important instructions. Some of the instructions include, but may not be limited to:
- Bring your photo ID and anybody accompanying you must have their ID. Click here to read more about Texas requirements on forms of identification that are accepted.
- Wear comfortable clothing and underwear that can hold a sanitary pad. It can be cold in our office, so consider bringing a sweater or a pair of socks to keep yourself comfortable.
- If you are getting medications during the procedure for relaxation and comfort, there are eating and drinking restrictions. Stop eating 4 hours before your appointment and stop drinking 2 hours before your appointment.
- You may find our address for our Dallas, TX or Albuquerque, NM office at the bottom of the page, but if you need more specific directions, please call our office.
- There may be protesters outside our office. The protesters are against abortion and do not respect your reproductive freedom. They may have offensive signs with them. For your privacy protection, we ask that you, and anyone that is with you, do not acknowledge them.
- How long you are in our office from check in to check out depends on how far you are in pregnancy. Call our office for an estimate of total time in office.
- No devices with audio or video recording capabilities are allowed in patient only areas. No photo or video recording is allowed in any area.