Founded by Dr. Curtis Boyd, his medical staff remain committed to providing medically safe and emotionally supportive care. Women can feel secure being under direct medical supervision during the abortion process. The length of the procedure will vary depending on how far along you are in the pregnancy. All abortion services include:
- Individual and confidential counseling – your will be your advocate and accompany you throughout the procedure.
- All routine lab work.
- Sonography – a diagnostic procedure to evaluate the gestational age of the pregnancy.
- Very effective conscious sedation that makes the procedure as comfortable as possible, yet lets you return to normal activity within a day of your procedure. You will not be able to drive following these medications so you must make arrangements for a ride after your procedure.
- Post-operative exam if needed.
- Rhogam and birth control when indicated.
- Post-abortion counseling referrals if needed.
- Gonorrhea and chlamydia testing (additional cost)
Available Surgical Abortion Services
Surgical abortion is offered through the second trimester. The process is done through the natural openings of the vagina and cervix. The size of the pregnancy, determined by the ultrasound, and your medical history will be assessed to establish the time needed for a safe process. As the pregnancy progresses the procedure becomes more in depth. Click the links below for detailed information about each procedure.
Please contact (Dallas office or Albuquerque office) the office to schedule your appointment. We will review your health history information, your insurance information and can discuss more in-depth what to expect during your visit.
- Please do not eat for 4 hours prior to your appointment
- Please do not drink for 2 hours prior to your appointment
- Dress comfortably – bring socks and wear underwear that can hold a pad
- Bring your Photo ID and Insurance Card
- Have someone available to drive you home
- Bring your full payment — We accept cash, money orders, and credit cards. The cardholder must be available to sign the charge slip. No personal checks.
- Please arrange for child care as waiting room is not set up to accommodate children.
The following medications may be used during the procedure for relaxation and comfort..
- Fentanyl (Sublimaze)
- Versed (Midazolam)